Loving this weeks Moments That Define Life’s – Listable Life topic. I am normally a pretty happy person, but these things just take me to an even happier place.
1. A Good Book – If it’s lying on the beach or just on the couch, a good book makes me happy. Or sad, when the story ends or a character dies. At the end of The Millennium Series (The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo) I actually cried, because the books were finished and I enjoyed the world Steig Larsson had created so much, I didn’t want it to end. There really isn’t much better than a good book to take you away. Here are a few of my recent favorites and all time favs:
2. Skype – Seeing as I am roughly 8,233 miles (13,246 kilometers) away from my family and friends, Skype makes that distance feel a bit shorter. Spoke to my friend Stacy this morning. Me, starting my day, and she, ending hers. So weird to think about, but so amazing that we have modern technology to connect us. Especially, when one of us is having a bad day.
3. Screen Shopping – I don’t know if this is an actual term, but I like to use it. Loads of my time is spent day dreaming at places like Net-A-Porter, where I can’t afford anything but dream about wearing their gorgeous frocks. For example:
If I was going to the Grammy’s this weekend, I would be on the best dressed list for sure, wearing one of these…
Or on my 30th birthday, looking fabulous…
4. Reality TV – Yes, I will admit that I like reality TV. It’s sad, but true. I just can’t get enough of Kitchen Nightmares or Master Chef in any country. South Africa is working on our own Master Chef and I know I will be glued. Come Dine With Me – South Africa is the funniest show on TV. Plus all of the Real Housewives. We are a bit behind here, but if I can catch one on TV, I am glued. Even the Kardashians, I love to hate them.
5. Little Ava – I know, sounds so cliché to say my kid takes me to a happy place. In one year, she has taught me so much about myself and more about love than I could have ever imagined. She’s made my marriage even stronger and taught me about patience. When I put her to sleep, I want to wake her to play some more. Even though I don’t, and it’s not always smiles and giggles as she can also take me to an unhappy place quite quickly. But, this little person makes me so happy. When I get home from work she is jumping up and down in her daddy’s arms, waving both hands as fast as she can. In those tiny few seconds, the world melts away and I am in a happy place.
Look at her this morning…
This little miss makes me so happy.
Check back next Tuesday for another Listable Life list with Moments That Define Life. The topics to choose from are:
5 Moments You Would Live Over Again
5 Photos that Reflect the Essence of “You”
5 Bloggers You Admire or Enjoy the Most